To edit a file without Huddle desktop, follow the steps below.
1) Go to the comments page page of the file you want to edit.
2) Lock the file to ensure version control. The lock not only lets the other members of the workspace know that you are currently editing the file, but it also prevents them from being able to upload a new version while you are editing.
To lock the file you want to edit, click on the open padlock icon on the right hand side above the preview screen.
3) You will know your document is locked when the padlock icon shows in a closed position and your profile avatar appears next to it.
4) Once the document is locked, you will need to download it onto your computer. You can do this by clicking on the Download button in the blue panel on the right hand side of the screen. Make sure you save it somewhere that is easy to locate later.
5) Find the downloaded document on your computer. Edit the document in its native application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint...). Once you have made all necessary changes, save these back to your computer.
6) Return to the comments page in Huddle of the file you downloaded to edit. Click on the Upload new version button in the blue panel on the right hand side of the screen.
7) This will open the following window. Select the edited file saved to your computer and click on Upload.
6) Once the new version is uploaded and the details have updated, unlock the file by clicking on the padlock icon. This will mean that other people in the workspace can edit the file now you have finished.