As part of our continued efforts to conform with the latest industry-wide best practices in Internet security, we will be ending support for the TLS 1.0 encryption protocol from the end of October 2017.
To ensure that your users can continue to access Huddle via a browser, our desktop applications or through any 3rd party integrations you may be using, please review the following information:
- Accessing Huddle via a web browser: We have already ended support for older internet browsers that use TLS 1.0 by default. When accessing Huddle via a web browser users running older browsers, including Internet Explorer 10 or earlier will no longer be able to access Huddle from the end of October. We recommend accessing Huddle via a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox, IE11, Edge or Safari.
- Huddle Desktop for Windows and Mac: Legacy versions of Huddle Desktop (v4.2 and below) will no longer be able to connect to Huddle from the end of October. Users will need to upgrade to v4.3 or higher to continue using Huddle Desktop:
- Most users will be automatically upgraded to the latest version the next time they sign into the application. Alternatively, they can download and install the latest version manually from our website.
- If your organisation has used Enterprise deployment (MSI) to roll out Huddle Desktop, the upgrade will need to be initiated manually by an administrator unless auto-update was explicitly enabled at the time of deployment (most customers using this method will have auto-update disabled).
- Users can confirm the version they are running by following this Huddle Help article.
- 3rd party integrations: If you are using 3rd party integrations with Huddle, you’ll need to make sure these support TLS 1.2 or above. We’ve already contacted many integrators to let them know that, from the end of October, they will need to ensure their integration supports TLS version 1.2 or above.
- Mobile Apps: Huddle’s Mobile apps already support the latest version of TLS and will continue to function following end of life for TLS 1.0.
Should you require any further information, please get in touch with your Huddle Customer Success Manager, or email email@example.com.