In Huddle a workspace is a secure private online space. Workspaces function on an invite only basis so you will only ever see a workspace if you have created it or if you have been asked to join it. The data you upload into it is completely private and can only be accessed by your invitees.
They are the areas where you can collaborate on files, share information and discuss ideas with "Huddle Note", assign tasks and use all of Huddle's tools with your clients and colleagues whether they are internal or external to your organisation.
A workspace might be created for a project, a campaign, a team or a private client engagement area. Every workspace is different and you can tailor them to suit a wide variety of needs.
Create your first workspace
1. Click Create A New workspace. The Create A New workspace dialog box will appear (Figure A).
Create A New workspace
2. Select a template from the Template drop-down list (Figure A) if you want to base your workspace's layout and design on another workspace residing in your organization's Huddle. I selected None from the Template drop-down list, so I can point out the full options that are available when creating a workspace.
3. Enter a title for the workspace in the Title field (Figure A).
4. Add a description of the Huddle workspace for your users in the Description field (Figure A), if you like.
5. Click the Create Workspace button (Figure A). Huddle creates a new workspace similar to Figure B.
Invite people to the workspace
1. Click the People tab (Figure C).
2. Click Invite People. The Create A New Invitation screen will appear (Figure D).
3. Select the workspace to which you want to invite people from the Choose A Team To Invite People To Join drop-down list (Figure D).
4. Perform one of these options: (1) enter email addresses for the users you want to invite to your workspace in the Enter Email Addresses For People You'd Like To Invite field, or (2) click Add From Address Book link and follow the prompts to add users from your address book (Figure D).
5. Edit the Personal Message (Figure D), if you want.
6. Select Send Me A Copy Of The Email (Figure D) to send yourself a copy of the invitation you send users.
7. Click the Invite button (Figure D) to send the invite.