Creating a file request
File requests allow you to gather large amounts of information from people you're working with in Huddle. You can set up requests for certain users to complete and keep track of their progress from the file requests dashboard. It's an effortless way to collect high volumes of files.
To create a single file request, follow the steps below.
A) Starting a request
1) In the Workspace where you want to request a file, go to the File requests tab.
2) Click Create request.
3) Name your request.
B) Selecting a location for the uploaded file to be stored
1) Click the edit icon under Where should these files go to in Huddle? to choose where you want the file to be stored when it's uploaded. If you don't have a location in mind, the file will be uploaded to the root folder on the Files tab.
2) Select the folder or sub-folder where you want the file to be stored and click Choose this folder to finalize.
C) Selecting a due date
1) Click Add due date.
2) Select a date from the calendar.
D) Selecting assignees
1) Click Add assignees to choose who you want to ask to upload the file.
2) Select the person or people you want from the list.
3) Click Ok.
4) Click Create request to finish once you have selected a location, assignees and a due date.